Interview with a Nudist - Jackie from Canada

   

 On this blog we will have a series of interviews with Nudists, Naturists and other Clothes Free practitioners. We want to find out how they got started in the practice and what drives then to continue. Today we interview Jackie who is a black female Nudist Living in Canada.

Dale: Hi Jackie, Thanks for talking with us today

Jackie: I’m happy to be here.

Dale: Ok, Let’s get started. Can you tell me why you like Naturism?

Jackie: Oh well, we nudists think there is no shame in any part of our body, so we just go nude and enjoy the Sun wind on us.

Dale: Oh I agree. I've been a Nudist for about 12 years now where I live in Jamaica but there aren't many nudist places here except at a few high end resorts.  I agree that the feeling of being nude outside is great.

Jackie: Luckily we have one nice nude beach, and we go for Saturday nude swims at the swimming pools.

Dale: It's nice that you have somewhere that you can have nude recreation. How long have you been a nudist?

Jackie: Ok, I’ve been nudist for 30+ yrs but regularly for 17 yrs since I’ve lived where I am the last 17 yrs

Dale: Oh, 30 years, that's cool. You must have some really interesting stories. Were you very self-conscious about your body before you became a nudist? Did you think that you needed to lose weight or do something else before you became a nudist? Please relate how Nudism may have helped you overcome body Image issues and promote body acceptance

Jackie: I’ve been in pretty good shape. Even if I'm not it won't bother me. I’ve seen may big figures among nudists. Real nudists aren’t bothered about how you look. And no stories as such....but few men were a bit nasty. They don't know what Nudism is. I wasn't conscious about getting nude the first time. I studied Art so I didn't feel shy because I was used to drawing nude figures.

Dale: Oh you studied Art. That’s nice. I’m a Musician. I play the keyboards. Speaking about your first time, my first time going socially nude was in 2008 at one of the nude resorts to the North of Jamaica. Can you tell the story of how you first went socially nude? What kind of setting was it?  Who were you with? What was it like?

Jackie: We had friends, a couple in LA. That was 30 yrs ago I started. Went to 3 resorts. Then I went to a nude vacation in the Netherlands 18yrs ago with my ex-husband and my two kids. Now my daughter goes with me to the nude beach. I raised both my children as nudists but my son stopped going nude at 13. He is 22 now. He got out of Nudism.

Dale: Well it's good to be able to share the experience with your daughter and who knows, your son may come back to it in the future.  What is the general social culture where you are now living when it comes to nudity especially where religion is concerned? Do you find that there are many religious minded persons in your society now who may have a difficulty practicing nudism because they may think it's sinful, causes persons to lust etc.? Or perhaps your society is generally quite forward thinking and open to many liberal ideas?

 

Jackie: We do have conservative people, but generally, where I am is quite open minded. We have a nude beach and people are ok with it. Actually only like 12% nudists there, females are fewer. Rest are clothed. I came out openly about my nudism few years ago. I don't care what other people think. A few years ago few of us went topless in a city park and people were ok with it. Top free is legal here but not many persons do it.

Dale: Alright, that’s all the questions for now. Thanks very much for participating. I really appreciate it

Jackie: That’s cool I’m happy to have been a part of it.


Dale Harrison
nakedissacred@gmail.com
www.twitter.com/dharrisanthony

www.instagram.com/daleharrison345

Comments